We wanted to try something a little different as this off-season is getting underway. We asked ten questions of some of our most loyal Ute fans about the state of the Utah football program as well as what they say in 2012 and hope to see in 2013.
Many of you who follow this blog will know our good friends of the blog Dog and Deuce already. But there are a few new faces. Kyle Ariotti and Matt Coleman are co-workers of mine. Dave Richards is a long time friend and his brother Rob and I have had many spirited debates about BYU and Utah sports. But most importantly, each is a dedicated and passionate Utah football fan.
We will post one question with each response every day for the next ten weekdays. Make sure to check in every day to get your University of Utah Utes update from our roundtable of Utah loyalists.
- What expectations did you have for the Utes this season and how were they met or left unfulfilled?
- In your opinion, what was the biggest issue or issues that affected the offense this season?
- In your opinion, what was the biggest issue or issues that affected the defense this season?
- Did Brian Johnson fail to meet, meet, or exceed your expectations of a 1st year coordinator? Why? And how does he take the next step to improve in year two?
- Has recruiting improved as a member of the PAC 12? If not, do you see it improving?
- Were this season’s shortcomings an issue of talent or coaching? What do you expect to be done this off-season about that shortcoming?
- Do you see any coaching changes this off-season?
- How does the offense improve in 2013? Can it?
- How does the defense improve in 2013? Will it?
- What is the biggest key for success in 2013 that needs to be focused on during the off-season?